"Hearing Loss, Central" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings)
. Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Hearing loss due to disease of the AUDITORY PATHWAYS (in the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM) which originate in the COCHLEAR NUCLEI of the PONS and then ascend bilaterally to the MIDBRAIN, the THALAMUS, and then the AUDITORY CORTEX in the TEMPORAL LOBE. Bilateral lesions of the auditory pathways are usually required to cause central hearing loss. Cortical deafness refers to loss of hearing due to bilateral auditory cortex lesions. Unilateral BRAIN STEM lesions involving the cochlear nuclei may result in unilateral hearing loss.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Hearing Loss, Central".
- Diseases [C]
- Otorhinolaryngologic Diseases [C09]
- Ear Diseases [C09.218]
- Hearing Disorders [C09.218.458]
- Hearing Loss [C09.218.458.341]
- Hearing Loss, Sensorineural [C09.218.458.341.887]
- Hearing Loss, Central [C09.218.458.341.887.432]
- Retrocochlear Diseases [C09.218.807]
- Auditory Diseases, Central [C09.218.807.186]
- Hearing Loss, Central [C09.218.807.186.432]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Central Nervous System Diseases [C10.228]
- Brain Diseases [C10.228.140]
- Auditory Diseases, Central [C10.228.140.068]
- Hearing Loss, Central [C10.228.140.068.432]
- Neurologic Manifestations [C10.597]
- Sensation Disorders [C10.597.751]
- Hearing Disorders [C10.597.751.418]
- Hearing Loss [C10.597.751.418.341]
- Hearing Loss, Sensorineural [C10.597.751.418.341.887]
- Hearing Loss, Central [C10.597.751.418.341.887.432]
- Pathological Conditions, Signs and Symptoms [C23]
- Signs and Symptoms [C23.888]
- Neurologic Manifestations [C23.888.592]
- Sensation Disorders [C23.888.592.763]
- Hearing Disorders [C23.888.592.763.393]
- Hearing Loss [C23.888.592.763.393.341]
- Hearing Loss, Sensorineural [C23.888.592.763.393.341.887]
- Hearing Loss, Central [C23.888.592.763.393.341.887.432]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Hearing Loss, Central".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Hearing Loss, Central" by people in this website by year, and whether "Hearing Loss, Central" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.