Solute Carrier Family 22 Member 5
"Solute Carrier Family 22 Member 5" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings)
. Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A high-affinity, ATP-binding, co-transporter for CARNITINE that is highly expressed in kidney, skeletal muscle, heart, and placental tissues. It transports one sodium ion with one carnitine molecule. It has a lower affinity for other organic cations and transports them independently of sodium. Mutations in the SLC22A5 gene are associated with systemic carnitine deficiency.
|Solute Carrier Family 22 Member 5
- Solute Carrier Family 22 Member 5
- High-Affinity Carnitine Transporter
- Carnitine Transporter, High-Affinity
- High Affinity Carnitine Transporter
- Transporter, High-Affinity Carnitine
- OCTN2 Protein
- Sodium-Dependent Carnitine Cotransporter
- Carnitine Cotransporter, Sodium-Dependent
- Sodium Dependent Carnitine Cotransporter
- Organic Cation-Carnitine Transporter 2
- Organic Cation Carnitine Transporter 2
- SLC22A5 Protein
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Solute Carrier Family 22 Member 5".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Solute Carrier Family 22 Member 5".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Solute Carrier Family 22 Member 5" by people in this website by year, and whether "Solute Carrier Family 22 Member 5" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.