Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic
"Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings)
. Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A syndrome characterized by persistent or recurrent fatigue, diffuse musculoskeletal pain, sleep disturbances, and subjective cognitive impairment of 6 months duration or longer. Symptoms are not caused by ongoing exertion; are not relieved by rest; and result in a substantial reduction of previous levels of occupational, educational, social, or personal activities. Minor alterations of immune, neuroendocrine, and autonomic function may be associated with this syndrome. There is also considerable overlap between this condition and FIBROMYALGIA. (From Semin Neurol 1998;18(2):237-42; Ann Intern Med 1994 Dec 15;121(12): 953-9)
|Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic
- Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- Encephalomyelitis, Myalgic
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndromes
- Fatigue Syndromes, Chronic
- Chronic Fatigue-Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue-Fibromyalgia Syndromes
- Fatigue-Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Chronic
- Fatigue-Fibromyalgia Syndromes, Chronic
- Postviral Fatigue Syndrome
- Infectious Mononucleosis-Like Syndrome, Chronic
- Infectious Mononucleosis Like Syndrome, Chronic
- Royal Free Disease
- Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Disorders
- Fatigue Disorder, Chronic
- Fatigue Disorders, Chronic
- Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease
- Fatigue Syndrome, Postviral
- Fatigue Syndromes, Postviral
- Postviral Fatigue Syndromes
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.