Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic
"Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings)
. Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A benign, autosomally recessive inherited hyperbilirubinemia characterized by the presence of a dark pigment in the centrilobular region of the liver cells. There is a functional defect in biliary excretion of bilirubin, cholephilic dyes, and porphyrins. Affected persons may be asymptomatic or have vague constitutional or gastrointestinal symptoms. The liver may be slightly enlarged, and oral and intravenous cholangiography fails to visualize the biliary tract.
|Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic
- Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic
- Chronic Idiopathic Jaundice
- Chronic Idiopathic Jaundices
- Idiopathic Jaundice, Chronic
- Idiopathic Jaundices, Chronic
- Jaundices, Chronic Idiopathic
- Hyperbilirubinemia 2
- Hyperbilirubinemia 2s
- Hyperbilirubinemia II
- Hyperbilirubinemia IIs
- Dubin-Johnson Syndrome
- Dubin Johnson Syndrome
- Syndrome, Dubin-Johnson
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic".
- Diseases [C]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Hyperbilirubinemia, Hereditary [C16.320.565.300]
- Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic [C16.320.565.300.764]
- Infant, Newborn, Diseases [C16.614]
- Hyperbilirubinemia, Neonatal [C16.614.451]
- Jaundice, Neonatal [C16.614.451.500]
- Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic [C16.614.451.500.250]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Hyperbilirubinemia, Hereditary [C18.452.648.300]
- Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic [C18.452.648.300.764]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Jaundice, Chronic Idiopathic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.